Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Interior Shack, Sheppard thinks...



First pass, a bit floaty. Made the mistake of smoothing and relaxing the facial mesh, now I get horrible deformities whenever the Sheppard moves his head. I've tried masking the problem by using the Sheppard's hands to hide his horribly deformed face, as well as reduce head movements. Also thought about lighting the scene very dimly to hide any unsightly features, but so many 'short cuts' are making the scene close to unworkable, so I'll probably have to do it again.
Seems like every teacher I've had will constantly goad me to re-do things. If a character is slightly off, remodel it. Rig has some restrictions? re-rig. Not quite sure if they know the dead line, but i do.
Tis the trouble with working around perfectionists, but you cannot blame them, as their knowledge is something we must feed upon.

This is first pass. I may as well call this an advanced character block. SIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment